Jason's den went first. Jason's did pretty good. I don't know how many races he won or lose. I'm thinking his was in the middle.
His is the tank
Then they did the Wolf and Bear dens next.
Then it was time for the Webelos dens. Since Kyle only has 4 in his den the combined the dens into one field so he was running against the Webelos 1. Also only 2 of the boys did cars in Kyle's den. I will have to say that I was very impressed with Kyle's car. He designed it and Chuck cut it out but he sanded it and helped run the drill to polish the axles and painted it all by himself.
Then it was time for the Webelos dens. Since Kyle only has 4 in his den the combined the dens into one field so he was running against the Webelos 1. Also only 2 of the boys did cars in Kyle's den. I will have to say that I was very impressed with Kyle's car. He designed it and Chuck cut it out but he sanded it and helped run the drill to polish the axles and painted it all by himself.
I figured out the scoring and snuck a peek at the run down and saw that Kyle had won 10 out of 14 races which placed him 3rd. But so did another kid. So they had to have a race off. Of course it was still tied. Each won a race. They ran one race in each lane. So to break the tie they ran the cars backwards. To Kyle's disappointment, his lost both of those races. We didn't set his car up to run backwards. So he came in 4th. I still count him as tied for 3rd.
I think that is very good considering we had never run a pinewood derby car before.
But for his den he was #1 since only he and Taylor made cars. LOL
I'm already excited for next year. We will start earlier and take our time.











2 comments:
Great job guys!
Very cool!!
It's fun watching them all race. We're probably going to miss it this year since we'll be moving. I'm not sure if they have the Derby in Scotland. Scouts is co-ed there.
Post a Comment