All photographs and text on this blog are copyrighted and the property of the owner of "Wild Winns" - unless otherwise stated. No materials may be copied, reproduced, or used in any way without permission of the owner of this blog.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Looking onto 2010

Ok as of last post, over 3 month ago, that leaf I was turning over, blew away.
I apologize for that. It's just been one crazy thing after another around here.
I have to thank the Lord for that though. Meaning that, with all the talk on the news about unemployment being at it's all time high, I think our company is growing. Work has been crazy as hell. I haven't been budgeting my time well. But that is going to change in 2010.


A quick look back into my life over the last 3 months.....

October - Busy with all kinds of scout activities. Fall Camporee over the the weekend of the 2nd-4th. I went with the boys. It was so much fun. Got to use our big 3 room tent. It was just Kyle, Jason & me. Daddy and Alex stayed home as mom & Rick were out of town on business. Some one had to watch the dogs. And with them gone for 3 weeks we had to play boss at work and work full time. That was a crazy time but I managed well. The boys were also involved in sports. Kyle soccer and Jason tried baseball this fall. Jason loves baseball and found a new sport. At the end of October we had a scout trip to Charleston, SC. The boys spent the night on the Yorktown. It was on Halloween Night! I stayed at the hotel with the ladies which was fun night. Charleston is a beautiful place.

November - Finishing up sports. Kyle's team came in 2nd place. Jason's team came in first place. They lost 1 game the whole season. They don't keep score in the fall but the parents did! LOL
We also had family come down for Thanksgiving this year. Only took 7 years! LOL It was so great to have them here. The cousins had a great time together. We had T Day at our house and Friday we went to Greensboro Natural Science Center, out to dinner and swimming at the hotel. I hated that they had to leave Saturday. Something we need to do more often. Need to work out a schedule so that we can do this once a year or maybe even every 6 months.

December - Things got easier with just scouts but seemed more hectic than ever! Kyle had his first band concert on the 6th. He plays clarinet (like his mother). It was so cute. He also had a speaking part which he forgot to tell me about. Thank God he did as I couldn't even see him on stage. He was in the second row in the back. Then there was Alex's preschool program. it was so cute! I think he was a little scared looking at all the people there. Also had 2 class parties on Thursday the 17th. Alex and Jason! I was wiped out after that. But thank goodness we did them on Thursday as Friday the 18th they called school off 2 hours early due to SNOW!!! Yes it snowed and it snowed hard. We got 8 inches! I know for you northerners that sounds like nothing but for the south that is a lot. It's been almost 3 weeks and we still have snow in the back yard. At least we don't have any make up snow days since it snowed the first day of winter break. Of course there was Christmas in there and New Years. The kids were spoiled as usual.

Present highlights
Kyle - Ipod touch, DSi, video games, money
Jason - Electric guitar, skate board (Tony Hawks), RC cars
Alex - 4 wheeler (power wheels), Thomas the train stuff, Cars stuff, hot wheels
Rina - electric throw blanket, espresso maker, promax system for my flash in my camera
Chuck - tools, money
We also bought a Cricut machine to use as a family. I think Chuck has used it more than anyone so far. he is having way too much fun cutting out vinyl sticker.

I will try my best to at least post once a month this year. As I sit at work typing this, the home computers are in the shop. Some how on the New Year's Eve we got a virus. I was playing on the computer waiting for midnight to post to all my friends when this thing popped up and I couldn't get it to go away and when I finally got it to go away I couldn't get online. So I broke down and took them to a shop and I hope they can fix it up and get our older computer running fast again so that we can have 2 computers in the house again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010! May it bring nothing but happiness this year!

No comments: