All photographs and text on this blog are copyrighted and the property of the owner of "Wild Winns" - unless otherwise stated. No materials may be copied, reproduced, or used in any way without permission of the owner of this blog.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Vacation 2008 - Day 1

June 12th

Today we left for vacation and made a stop at Bristol Motor Speedway. Very cool! That track is way different than I ever thought it was. The tour was fun and I really enjoyed seeing the track. We saw the drag track there too. We got to speed down it in the the bus and Jason thought that was really cool!

Then we went up to Bruton Smith's suite. Now that is the way to watch a race. Everything you need...Buffet, bar, leather seating, bathrooms...the men's room has a TV in it so that if they are standing or sitting they can see the race! LOL I said that he was discriminating against women since we didn't have one.
Then we got to go out on the track and ride around. That track is worse than I ever thought. And we didn't even get up on the banks like a real NASCAR would.
Boys standing on the start/finish line

Then we stopped at the center of turns 1 & 2 and got to walk up the track.....OMG talk about a work out.
Here is Alex standing at the top. Look at how hard he is leaning back? And he was standing straight up, well the best he could.
If you ever get to go, do it! Very cool!

Then we headed off to the hotel. Very nice place too. I was very impressed with the room.
Be sure to check out the Album for all vacation pictures!

No comments: